Thursday, December 15, 2005

i can barely keep my eyes open, its 1254am, and i have to wake up in about 6hrs time for breakkie with jun yuan but here i am blogging.
haha.
its my birthday!!!
i turned 20 about 56minutes ago.
hurhur.
but already i think ive had the best birthday so far. haha.

even before my birthday, i got a present from wayne and lily, my favourite neighbours.
really pretty and dainty diamond earrings from Lee Hwa Jewellery.
then i got to spend the first few minutes with my dearest in the car with him driving, something i really like. (disclaimer :: i like being in the car with him, but i do not like his driving. hurhur)
i come home to a present on my bed from my brother.
a gorgeous little box to keep all my linglinglonglongs (ie. earrings.heaps of them).
and then, a few minutes later, a surprise present from my dearest.
a really slick braun buffel wallet, which for that, he has now got to survive on bread and water for the next month. (well, u can always cm downstairs for breakkie n dinners. haha)
and of course how could i forget all the lovely birthday wishes.

its really not the presents that matter.
nor the cost of the presents.
its being surrounded by the people you love that makes it just so wonderful and special.
thats why i always tell people to just come for my birthday celebration empty handed, because really, its the company that counts.
theres also some things that money cant buy.
like love. from parents, brother, relatives, friends, and of course that special someone.

but its really hard to be fully happy.
how do you celebrate, laugh and enjoy yourself when something happened to a really good friend?

No comments: