Thursday, November 22, 2007

When I first laid eyes on thatttttttt Anya Hindmarch bag in March, I thought it was cute and quirky and thus proceeded to contact my friends residing in UK to see if they would be so kind as to help me get it.

But lo and behold, suddenly, the whole world wanted that bag too. Updates on the Anya Hindmarch website stated that outlets were completely sold out, as was the online shop, and new stocks would be severely limited. The craze then flooded into Asia where anyone who was anyone, or rather their PAs, scrambled to speed dial the PAs at their respective local Anya Hindmarch boutiques to secure thatttttttt bag for their superstars. At the point in time, I was already with SWW and the fashion stylist called up a friend to put my colleagues and I on the waiting list. Alas, it was not to be as in the end. The waiting list was never looked at and possibly, there was never a waiting list to begin with.

Come to think of it, I'm quite glad I didn't get the bag. Given the amount of fakes I see everywhere, even if you were carrying the authentic one, people would still snigger and think "fake one lah". I'm very sure Anya Hindmarch herself would be mortified, and bemused, at the sight of everyone, from HDB aunties to pimply teenage girls totting thatttttttt bag.

But being the environmentalist that I am (Don't laugh ok. I hate the thought of wasting water, electricity and using plastic bags!) I really wanted to get hold of thatttttttt bag. However, I have found for myself a replacement! Not to mention a much more expensive one than thatttttttt bag.

So what bag did I get? *drumroll please..........the Market Bag by Cole Haan. Made of environmentally friendly canvas material, the versatile bag is also reversible - one side reveals the signature Cole Haan logo while the other side features a brown gingham-type continuous pattern. It's also big enough to dump in press kits to free up hands for giving out name cards at events!



Never heard of Cole Haan? Doesn't matter because it means that the bag is unlikely to be copied into lousy replicas found in pasar malams or far east. It also means lesser people carrying it! Heehee.

I know I know. One whole blog entry dedicated to my latest purchase. But then again, this is after all a GIRL'S blog. It's bound to have shopping entries and other girly ramblings right.
Right right right?

RIGHT.
(:

P/s to CHERIE TOH - I don't get to wear jeans to work! Only on photo shoot days!

1 comment:

corlissa said...

hahaha
the retired aunties in one of the CCs make grocery bags out of old banners too!
they look pretty good, actually. haha