Friday, January 05, 2007

i've been meaning to blog about hongkong for the longest time ever. laziness and the prospect of blogger hanging on me in the midst of all the uploading of photographs have aided in this delay. but here it is!

erm. well. not exactly hongkong but im starting off with, what else, but FOOD. when you go to hongkong, its common to over-eat. haha. i proved the theory right. (given that i usually dont eat a lot, im quite trustworthy when i make this statement.)

and what better way to start than to show pictures of the delicious western food we had at my aunty's cafe. the food's good and the portions are rather generous.

i cant remember the address exactly but its about a 10 minute walk from times square. if you ever visit hongkong, let me know! i'll go seek out the address for you! in the meantime, feast (pun intended...hurhur) your eyes on the photographs...





Cafe de Cest La Vie

the signboard from outside.
the guy in white is my cousin, his wife is the owner of this cafe.

pan-seared foie gras.
my first time having this and it certainly wouldnt be my last.

cream of brocolli soup

minestrone soup

garlic bread

deep fried soft shell crab.
my and my dad's favourite.

brocolli with lots of cheeseeee.

duck breast risotto.
despite being breast meat, the meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender.

steak and fries.
no idea how this tasted like as i dont eat beef but the general consensus was that it was good.

they call this dish the "seven thousand layer fish".
basically its layers of fish below topped of with a fat prawn on top and surrounded with a tangy cream sauce.
this gets my vote (and my brother's and JY's) for the best dish of that night.

pan-fried chicken with gravy.

mushroom linguini with a light cream-based sauce.

ribs with onion rings.

braised lamb shank with mash potaotes.

the famous hongkong "ying yang" tea - a mixture of milk tea and coffee.

this was my drink - a type of floral tea brewed with fresh peaches.

and finally, who could forget dessert.
crepe filled with cream and fruits.
a nice light dessert after all that meat.

(:

No comments: