Thursday, November 04, 2004

Desperation..

How come i dont long after You?

This is the air i breathe..
This is the air i breathe..
Your holy presence..
Living in me..

This is my daily bread..
This is my daily bread..
Your very words..
Spoken through me..

And i, im DESPERATE for You..
And i, im LOST without You..


How many of us can actually say we're desperate for the Lord?
the Webster dictionary defines the word as having lost all hope and being moved by depair..
we indeed have no hope in men or any of the things of this earth..
for everything will fade away..will perish..

but we know all this..
all this bible knowledge that we have been taught since young..
we know it all so well we can rattle on flawlessly..
we can regurgitate every line every phrase every verse..

but being desperate for the Lord?

i definitely lack this spirit of wanting God so much..
the desire to worship Him all through the day..
having the consciousness and actions that show how much i love Him..

I was just packing my stuff and putting my bible back on my shelf..
then it struck me..
how many times do i read, much less open, my bible during the week?
my bible has a spot on my shelf..
it looks neat and tidy..and it fits in perfectly..
but is this what its supposed to be?

its time to do some serious soul-searching..

teach me to live your love,
help me to give your love,
show me your way,
Lord i'll obey,
and live your love..

No comments: