Saturday, November 27, 2004

God is good!

no doubt about that..not even a single bit..

I cant think of a better way to present this post then with my thanksgiving!

First of all, God has brought me through the camp!
Remember my previous post about all my prayer requests and worries?
God answered all my prayers!
He provided me with opportunities to study, good health during and after the camp, a sincere and patient heart as i interacted as well as disciplined the sec ones and a laughter-filled time of working with michele and my juniors.
But most importantly, through it all, i realised and was reminded of how much i need to depend on God fully wholly completely entirely totally in every aspect of my life.
On top of all my answered prayers, He gave me more in the form of the opportunity to go home on sat (going back on sunday) which provided me with the much needed sleep (a good one!) at home.

Secondly, God has brought me through the exams!
With each different paper, God never failed not only to carry me through but also taught me various lessons in the process:
  1. Singapore Studies - I was a whole buncha nerves because i had barely studied enough, much less read through the entire textbook. to top it off i was exhausted from the camp. but God was merciful. The questions were managable (heritage tour! thanks mish!) and he sustained me physically.
  2. Literature - I honestly was over-confident for this paper. Choosing to believe it required minimal preparation, i was utterly caught off guard. the paper was a disaster. But i was really humbled by God. It taught me a lesson, though difficult and painful.
  3. Philosophy and Jap Studies - Philo paper was a long drawn process of answering 21 mind-boggling questions but once again God was gracious and i survived. hehe. Jap studies on the other hand? Again i was caught off-guard, my second lesson from God due to a lack of preparation.
  4. South East Asian Studies - The same really nerve-wrecking feeling that i had during the As (for the same paper) overcame me when mish, gina and me were leaving habourfrnt mac for school. i was so tired physically and mentally. and i felt all that i studied was inadequate and derisory. But God came through for me. The topics i focused on came out and i finished my paper on time despite my tiredness.

Thirdly, God has given me awesome, fantastic, generous, incredible parents!
Knowing that my philo paper started at 9 in the morning, my dad took leave just so i didnt have to drag myself out of bed at an insane time of 530 and endure the 2 hour journey to school and sent me home that day too.
On thursday despite the last minute notification, mum and dad still came to pick me up which i am so grateful for because i was really drained.
Gina and Mish also benefitted as my dad picked them up and sent them home on those two days too!

Fourthly, God has brought me through my emotional rollar-coaster!
This has to be the only type of rollar-coaster that i wouldnt want to sit. Haha.
ok on a more serious note, i was really affected by it.
And it was a really really long period of time lasting a whole 3 and a half months.
But now as i think about it, i understand why He had to allow me to go through it.
These 3 months taught me that i really need to leave everything to God and to seek Him with all, not just a little part or a majority part, of my heart.
It all happened because God was brushed aside oh so conveniently as my heart was being preoccupied.
Things are ok now and dare i say going pretty well.
Heh. Though i really dont want to speculate or do anything without FIRST seeking GOD and leaving EVERYTHING to Him.
Ohhhhh and God gave me a sweet ending to my exams too! heehee. i think only mish and gina know what im talking about.

Well the holidays are finally here but im pretty booked up with work (selling uniform! hur hur), going to malaysia (KL shopping here i come!), giving tuition to the GB girls and the Evangelistic Camp.
Im not even sure i want to celebrate my birthday. haha. Too much hassle.
Ultimately, I just hope i can use this holiday as productively as i can, productive in terms of God's standards.
:)

No comments: