Friday, November 19, 2004

A muddle of dread, apprehension and anticipation..

God i need you to be even more real in my life right now..

when was the last time i went for a camp?
probably somewhere in july for vcf camp..but that doesnt count..
because it was a camp where i wasnt involved in any aspect of running the camp and i didnt have exams the next day after camp ended..

tomorrow is the start of the GB Sec 1 training camp and honestly im having a lot of mixed feelings towards it..
the whole week ive been entertaining conflicting thoughts about it..

anxiety vs coolness
nervousness vs excitment
uncertainty vs confidence

im worried over how the camp will be for me..
will i be able to assimilate with the teachers?
will i be able to work well with my counterparts?
will i be able to connect with the girls?
maybe im more worried about their attitude and reactions towards me.
and all the inconveniences of being away from home..aircon. ha. just kidding.

but more importantly, please pray for not just me but michele too:
  1. discipline to study during the camp - (exams are starting on monday and we're breaking camp on sunday night at around 10pm..any volunteers to send me home? sms me pleaseeeeeeeeee)
  2. good health throughout and after the camp (lack of sleep will be an absolute positive)
  3. wisdom, humility and patience as we guide and interact with the sec 1s (sometimes its easy to deem them as just being irritating kids, we need self-reflection and the attitude that we can learn from them too!)
  4. meekness as we work with others and each other (especially when each party is so different in terms of thoughts, attitudes and age)
  5. utter dependence on God (something i personally need to learn and re-learn all the time, hope the camp will teach me this attitude especially with all my fearfulness and fretfulness)

God im anxious and afraid..but Lord help me to know and remember that You are always beside me no matter where i am and whatever im doing..You alone are almighty, powerful and great..And if my God is for me then who can be against me? Amen. :)


No comments: