Saturday, January 01, 2005

So how has your year been?

Let's see..
2004 has been a rather exciting and painful year i guess.

I pretty much wasted 7 months of this year doing nothing productive whilst waiting for the uni term to begin in august. i was working at the uniform shop but that ended just before chinese new year. bummed around. slacked around. mopped around. until my mum couldnt stand me being at home anymore. haha. especially since i was still getting my allowence but she was buying lunch back for me everyday. haha. did find a job later helping jim's mum with her school work which was quite an experience since it gave me a taste of what its like to be a teacher. endless marking of work that is half-heartedly done and tons of prep work and staring at the computer screen. but it wasnt really work i guess. i was earning but believe me, it was easy money. lunch was even provided by jim's grandma and everday it was yummilicious food.

Moved in to my new house in june in time for my brother to celebrate his 21st birthday here. It was a lot of hassle especially since i only really started clearing out my room a month before the big shift. i never knew i had so many stuff. but it was difficult clearing out my things because it seemed as though everything was worth something. so much memories flooded me as i went through every book, every letter, every paper, every photo, every thing. i suppose im someone who really hoards stuff. i think i brought half my room over to this new place. hehe. and half the things in the bomb shelter belongs to me!

The month June was the worst for me. Too many things happened. Was painful. Even church camp was quite an emotional experience that led to what i thought was good but in the end was nothing gained. I made a decision that was incredibly difficult but i knew was the right thing to do. But now even as i type, i feel a sense of regret and almost guilt. During that month and thereafter i was ok. Everything seemed to be going ok, on the right track. I was preoccupied with the single life, really living it up, enjoying this new found freedom. But...

The start of Uni life proved to be quite an experience. Bidding especially which im in the midst of doing right now. haha. choosing modules, making new friends, orientation week, getting lost in campus, dealing with really lousy project mates and the ridiculously long journey to and fro school. uni life also meant dealing with new emotional disturbances. haha. my solidity and constancy was disturbed. tsk. and i didnt even ask for it...

so even as i start a new year..im starting it with a conflict-ridden heart but yet with optimism and trust in God. if there's one thing i learnt this year its the need to trust in God with all my heart, mind and soul. That no matter what, God is always there to lead us through and get us through the darkest valley and highest mountain. It sounds cliche but too much has happened that just reminds me of His love for me. And sadly, He constantly has to remind us year in and year out because we fail to believe and have faith in Him.

ok, think i'll end this really long entry in typical new year's fashion, resolutions:
  1. I would say stop lying but lets be more realistic shall we, Lie Less. Ha.
  2. Use my pool more often!
  3. Eradicate Cs from my results.
  4. Spend less money on shopping.
  5. And the most important of them all, Live a life worthy of being called God's child :)

Have a great 2005 ahead everyone!


No comments: