Monday, January 31, 2005

i love my weekends.

ok before i begin let me dispense a bit of trivial but you-never-know-when-you-might-need-it advice.
Never Ever (i repeat) NEVER EVER put rabbit sweets in the fridge.
They become hard like rock.
Thankfully my teeth are still in tact.

(Kat puts another rabbit sweet into her mouth. She's just too impatient.)

friday was definitely better than i expected.
first of all, econs lecture was hilarious. LT 11 is never cold. But that day me and gina were freezing our asses off. Haha. It was so darn EMPTY. My gosh. I almost wasted to burst out laughing when i went into the LT. And to think i was worried there wasnt going to be space.

Secondly, Soci tutorial was not as bad as i imagined it to be. Made "friends" with the tutor (this is such a highly embarrassing encounter that i dont think i want to or dare to publicize it. ha.) and this year three girl named Vince (pronounced Vin-See) and FINALLY there are cute guys in my tutorial class. Haha. So finally i have solved the mystery of the missing cute guys in NUS. They all went either to Archi or Engine fac. I know where im heading to for my cross-fac module. Haha.

Went to chomp chomp to eat with Michele and Ah-sao (my junior). Had sambal stingray, chilli sotong (with tons of onions), fried carrot cake, peanut and sesame tang yuan in peanut soup and a huge cup of sugarcane juice with lemon. Good food. Excellent Company.

Saturday was a good time spent at YF.
It really reminded me of my need to be salt and light on this earth as a christian.
We watched a powerpoint presentation on this girl who was the above to those around her, blessing everyone, not just her friends and family but even those who were shunned by people.
Sadly, she was killed during the shoot-out at Columbine.
It was said that one of the gun-men pulled her hair and shouted to her at gun-point, "are you a christian?" and her reply came bold and convicted, "you know very well the answer is yes."
When i read that, tears came to my eyes.
I realise that honestly, i doubt my ability to do as she did.
Is life so important to me?
Are the things that i have on this earth more precious than what is to come in heaven?
Where is my conviction to spread the amazing word and love of God to the people i care about?

Today, i spent the afternoon in town with my parents.
Retail theraphy at its best.
Haha.
Bought two tops from Fox and a polo tee and bag from Fila.
And yeah. My dad paid for everything.
Haha.
I love it when such things happen.
As in when im completely prepared to pay for the stuff i want but dad comes along and foots the bill.
It just means i have that "extra" money to buy other stuff.
Haha.
Going shopping with Mishie moo on thurs for CNY.
Better buy soon.
Dont fancy rushing with everyone else.

Alright. Gotta go get some work done.
Tmr is a mad mad day.
i start at 10am and i end at 8.30pm.
Pray for me.
Thanks.

No comments: