Monday, May 21, 2007

2 more weeks of bumming around before internship starts and I'm already beginning to feel the jitters.


Yesterday Aunty Angeline clarified with me about the allowance system.
As if being paid per assignment wasn't horrible enough, I now will not be getting any money until a month into the internship.

This is because, as she explained, many interns don't last a month or a month and a half and the company doesn't want to be paying out money to these so-called "contract-breakers".
Apparently, there isn't a formal contract to be signed to hold down these interns.
Oh well, I guess I must either be really crazy or really interested in the magazine industry to be going ahead with it.
I hope its the latter.
Aunty Angeline even gave me the chance to back out now.


The implications are rather daunting because it probably reflects the heavy amount of work that is involved that would cause these interns to want to give up.
I'm wondering if I might be like that too.
At least I know I have that "no-formal-contract-system" in my favour too if I should feel I can't cope.
Gosh.
But that sounds like someone who is already prepared to give up.



Sigh.
Only God will know how I fare and survive in the industry.
And I trust that He too will be with me each step of the way.


Right now, I need to do what I can do.
Get my office clothes.
(Yes yes yes. I still haven't got them or started looking around.)
And pray Michele gets the internship too!

Cause that would make things a whole lot easier and more fun.

(:

No comments: