Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mum's Birthday Dinner
- Azabu Sabo at Marina Square -

Dad's beef set.
Can't really remember what's the exact name though.
heh.


My brother's sukiyaki bento set.

Sabo style cold udon noodle with radish sauce.
My favourite dish of the night!
The dressing was a perfect balance of tangy and salty which makes it really appetizing.
The deep fried garlic slivers on top were pretty good too.


The pretty little container of wasabi powder for the cold udon.
We didn't use any of it though.
Haha.

Mum's tempura bento set.
My mum is a full convert to Japanese food!
(Finally.)
She didn't really fancy Japanese food until now.
Heh.
Tempura being her favourite.

Close up shot.
The tempura was done well as the batter was light, fluffy and not oily.
There was quite a good variety as well.

My set!
The Japanese style "hamburger" smothered with gravy and salmon onigiri.
The "hamburger" was nice and meaty.
Nothing like the processed stuff you get at Mac Ds.
But the salmon onigiri was horrible!
It obviously wasn't fresh as the rice was hard and the seaweed impossible to bite through.

Close up shot.
Not because I really liked it but because my brother was trying to teach me how to use the micro function of the camera.
Haha.

Close up shot.
Even though I'm not a beef person, this was pretty good.
But I suppose the sauce helped because it was full of onions!
Hurhur.

My brother's dessert.
Hokkaido soft ice cream with mango sauce on top of a baked sweet potato.
Delicious!

My parents' dessert.
Hokkaido soft ice cream with Kanten-jelly and some sort of Japanese-named bean.
Haha.

My dessert!
Vanilla bean ice cream with deep-fried sweet potato balls, mochi dumplings and red bean paste.
Yummilicious.

And of course,
how could we forget the birthday girl.
Happy Birthday Mum!
(:

No comments: