Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Don't just exist, Live!

Don't just exist, Live!

More to this life

Sometimes i wonder what is life all about,
Full of heartbreak, restlessness and doubt.
Sometimes i feel so tired, i feel like giving up,
What am i striving for, is it worth it all?

Is there more to life than this, more than to simply just exist.
Is there more, is there more?

Can it be that Jesus died for me?
To wash away my sins and set me free?
And by his blood eternal life is now for me,
To know him, my Saviour and my King.

And now i know what life was meant to be,
For i know Jesus paid the price for me.
His dying has given my life new meaning.
Now i live because i live for Him,
Now i live simply just for Him.

Camp ended on Christmas eve and i had a wonderful time.
The scripture union campsite provided not only a comfortable sleeping environment (aircon, bed, pillow) but also delicious home-cooked food as well.
But more than just the physical amenities, what made the camp memorable was it being evangelistic in nature.
During the last night's sharing, what really warmed my heart was the sharing by the non-christians.
Although those who shared did not pray to receive Christ during the camp, their sharing was of the special fellowship they had with the YFers as well as, more importantly, an increase in knowledge and noteworthy interest in the meaning of life from a christian perspective.
The YFers who shared also touched me deeply as they spoke of their changed life after their acceptance of Christ and experiences whereby God pulled them out of the deep waters.

Personally, i learnt much from Chien Chong's messages.
Although evangelistic in nature, his messages were full of reminders for me own life.
The most important was that Jesus Christ is the best role model as a leader, possessing the three greatest traits of a leader: to Direct, Teach and Represent your people.
Something i hope to apply as i continue to seek, serve and follow Christ in the Girls' Brigade.

Everything about the camp was good because God provided and God is good!
Well.
All except the really ugly cut/wound/abrasion on my left leg which is gonna leave a hideous scar.
Phooey.
But God is good. The abrasion is only a superficial surface scratch. Ginormous but nonetheless not serious.

Anyway, photos are up!
Check out the links on the right hand side ok?
Definitely a lot more to come as i go insanely trigger-happy with my beautiful Sony W1.
:)

No comments: