Monday, February 07, 2005

The God of all comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3-6

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.

Im really really blessed.
Whenever i need answers God always provides it.
His timing is so accurate its unbelievable.
The above verse was from today's message.
And it spoke directly to me.

Thank you Father for taking care of even a speck of dust like me.
I know I need to rely on You for answers and strength but all too often i think i can handle it on my own, ending up being more confused and miserable than before.
Teach me to trust in You and Your precise timing for everything in my life that is to come.
Teach me to pray for faith and not demand.
Teach me to seek Ye first the kingdom of God and not the things of this world.
Teach me to be patient and wait.
Teach me to allow You to work through and in me.

And father i pray for a dear sister.
She needs the peace that surpasses all understanding that can only come from You right now.

Help her to see Your goodness and glory throughout all this heartache.
Show her You love her so much, much more than any human could.
Grant her the victory out of all her pain and suffering through your mercy and grace.
Allow me to just be a friend to her.

God is good.
All the time.

All the time.
God is good.

Amen.

No comments: