Friday, February 18, 2005

You Are My Everything

How can i not realise that you love me
When you're showing it to me everyday.
How can i not realise that you love me
When you're revealing in every way.

Everything in my life
All the laughter, the strife
They come from you because you care
And i'm never alone,
you're always there.

Father,
Teach me to love you more
Help me to open the door
to my heart, to my life,
to my all, forevermore.

Father,
Guide me and use all that i can bring
Just take over my life and cause me to sing
of your love, of your grace
You are my everything.

Its so painful how i can forget that you love me
when you've paid the price of death
Its so hurting how i can forget that you love me
when you touch me with your sweet gentle caress.

Inspired by God.
Written through me.

I actually had the intention of writing a poem about something thats really bothering me.
But instead, i ended up wiriting this song.
I've also never written a song before so here's a virgin attempt.
It may be imperfect but He is perfect.

Its so amazing how God works in our lives.
He gave me the inspiration and I'm honoured to be used by Him.
The song is also such a great reminder (which couldnt have come at a better time) that God loves me.
Nothing is greater than His love, though we often forget as we look to human affections to satisfy our longing.
Take heart (pun not intended) my friends.
God loves us, no matter how much we dont reciprocate it back to Him.
And trust His timing and plan.
He is working!
(:

Now i just need someone to put it into guitar chords for me.
Any takers?
Shucks.
i should really learn how to play the guitar.

No comments: