Thursday, February 17, 2005

A life filled with joy...

As i reflect on the past week, i cant think of anything else except the fact that God is good to me.
That He has already planned out my life so meticulously and proficiently.
That He will always provide in His own special way.
That He loves me.

Only recently have i finally been able to let go.
And its not like before where i kept saying i needed to and things had to stop.
I kept lying to myself then.
But now its for real.
I, through and only through God's grace, have been capable of setting myself free from the chains i have bound myself with.
Chains that have been tightenning itself for the past 7 long months.
They have been shattered, destroyed, crushed.
*insert big huge ginormous toothie smile here*

On sunday, God spoke to me again through Tom during the sunday school lesson.
Honestly i never really could keep my attention focused from the start till the end but that day was really an exception.
I never felt more eager and willing to listen, learn.
Tom talked about how Habbakuk complained but yet did so with reverence and a heart that was open and honest.

What really struck me was the reminder that God does not work according to human timing.
We may think that God isnt working but actually he is already in the midst of answering our prayers but we, as puny useless ignorant and silly humans, dont see it. He may also not answer our requests the way we want but God does answer prayers.


This fact struck me because i realised that it has been shown to me during the past week.
Since it'll take too long (due to a ton of details..God really works down to the nitty gritty) i shall spare everyone the agony. heh.
But know that He provided me with many friends.
Friends who care and really know how to make me feel appreciated and just, well, contented. :)

So here (brace yourselves, its gonna be long) are my thank yous!
(in no order of any kind whatsoever)
(though in specification to my past week)
(heh)
(ok i'll shut up already)

Edwin:
Hey ed. Thanks. Really. For everything. For listenning to my whinning. For bearing with all my nonsense. For all the teasing, the yakking but most importantly the nagging (esp about my finances). Thanks for coming over on thurs. Thanks for going to get the prez with me though you were already half dead and it was kinda late. Thanks for the treat at crystal jade. Thanks for the long long long chat on tuesday morning. Thanks for paying most of the cab fare today. Thanks for slurping down your salmon ramen just now just so i didnt have to go home all alone. Thanks.

Jun Yuan:
Thanks for coming over on thurs and being of the most help with the food. haha. Thanks for inviting me up with your YEP friends to bai nian though ur parents werent home. Thanks for the movie on that hot, lazy and boring friday afternoon (and that can of coke. ha.). Thanks for ben and jerrys at 1am just because i had a mad craving for it. Thanks for the appreciation of my efforts (unlike some people..*kat glares at shane*..ha). Thanks for lunch. The chicken rice was really yummy, the conversation even yummier (ha.). Thanks for watching School of Rock (on yet another hot, lazy and boring afternoon) with me though u already did (and another can of coke). Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with a stranger. Thanks for being a neighbour. Thanks for being a friend. Thanks for just being you.

Shane:
As much as i would like to disinclude you i just couldnt. ha. Thanks for coming over on thurs and alleviating a bit of the torture of over-catered food. Thanks for your "constructive criticisms" that, really, i accept with gratitude. Thanks for your sociable and out-going attitude. Thanks for amusing me with the humourously egotistical way you talk about yourself.

Jim:
Thanks for being the great friend you have always been. Thanks for being my reality check. Thanks for all the little things you do and the crazy big things that are so stupidly sweet (like your appearance and box of chocolates at 2am). Thanks for the endless amount of treats you've given me and amanda, and yet we still keep clamouring you for more (speaking of which u still owe us the japanese buffet!). Thanks for being such an encouragement through your trust in God no matter how tough a situation you might be stuck in. Thanks for your constant concern too.

Amanda:
Thanks for being the wonderful and ever-encouraging sister i never had. Thanks for all the little smses here and there, some coming at the most appropriate timings that show me how much God cares for me as He put you in my life. Thanks for the pretty heart-shaped cookies you made for me on valentines day as well as the sweet sweet note that came along with it. Thanks for always listenning to my problems. Thanks for all your prayers. Thanks for being my constant reminder of that important need to reach out to everyone and spread the love our Father has abundantly showered on us.

Liyue:
Thanks for coming to the airport to have dinner with me. Thanks for the delicious treat. Thanks for being so patient while u waited (for me to take photos with my friend) and waited (while i scooted off from dinner to say a final goodbye and wave to my friend) and waited. Thanks for the short but most enjoyable chat we had. Thanks for constantly meeting up with me to find out how im doing. Thanks for being not just a DGL to me, but a close older sister, someone i can and will look to for advice. Thanks for allowing me to be so open with you.

Michele:
Thanks for being so patient with me. Thanks for being like a big sister to little me. Thanks for indirectly slapping me hard in the face to wake me up. Thanks for being such a great friend to me even when i dont deserve it. Thanks for being a source of encouragement and motivation through the amount of dedication you give to all your committments. Thanks for the really lovely v.day flower that is still surviving in a vase of water on my bedside table.

Gina:
Thanks for being a great friend to me though ive only known you for less than a year. Thanks for hanging out with me today though you were half dead from a whole day of school (though the offer of haagen daz icecream treat had a very endorphinious effect on you. ahaha.) just because im only meeting teck at 530pm. Thanks for always causing a smile on my face with your crazy antics (and of course your infamous burps). Thanks for a fun time no matter what we do.

Again i must stress that it doesnt mean i dont appreciate you just because your name isnt specifically mentioned. Each and every person in my life is important because God has a purpose for you in my life. And for that, i truely am grateful to all of you.

Take care everyone.
I love y'all.
(:

because Of Him and all of you...

p/s: ok. i actually have some stuff to say to you, my now sad-to-say-but-its-true-long-distance-neighbour, but my eyes are desperately struggling to remain open and make out whats on the screen of my lappy. haha. another day fella. or would you prefer an email? (hur hur. im just adding to your list of "email people".)

No comments: