Wednesday, May 11, 2005

yesterday morning i woke up and i was really tempted to call michelle and chicken out of going for the cremation service.
thankfully i went in the end (thanks to her encouragement, and of course your prayer, that call and an sms).

the whole experience served as a timely reminder of how we cannot take for granted that those we know and the people around us would always be there.
there's really no time to wait. once theyre gone theyre gone. and they'll never get a chance to hear the good news of Christ's death and ressurection.

why she jumped, i wont disclose much info.doesnt matter anymore does it.
but it allowed me to reflect.
and be thankful that i have amazing parents.
parents who from young have never imposed anything upon me.
i was pretty much free to do whatever i wanted within an unspoken boundary that was only meant to keep me safe..something i had come to understand and accept as a kid.
no high expectations of my results, of which school i went to, of the friends i hung out with or even who i liked.
they respect my privacy though occasionally subtly probing to find out more about whats been going on in my life.
and that i appreciate.i know they only mean well.and that they love me.
thank you dad. thank you mum.
most of all Thank You God.

on a lighter note, i had a great time meeting up with my primary school friends.
michelle, eigene, and the twins tisha and tirene.
went for prata at casurina. and argh. during off-peak hours the prata is sub-standard. even the teh chino peng was NOT SWEET AT ALL. tsk. what a disappointment. (which means u have to bring me there for supper! heh. oops. another thing to the already long list. hmm. i think i should start compiling it. heh.)
we havent changed much in terms of our personalities but we have definitely matured and grown up.
and its so heart-warming to know that they are all young women of God, actively serving in various church ministries.
come over to my place some time soon yeah.
make use of the pool for me.
haha.

its pouring outside and i need to go all the way to yishun for C.I.T meeting.
sigh.
(it also means i wont be online in the afternoon again.argh.and i need to sleep early tonight.*sulk)
rather be at home..plonked comfortably on the couch..hugging my eeyore(though id gladly trade it for something else..)..watching a marathon of VCDs..(OC perhaps? *nudge)
oh well.
im gonna have to wait for that to happen.
and wait i will.
(:

so...does this entry count as blogging about it?
*grin

No comments: