Thursday, April 26, 2007

Today started out rather terribly.
But I thank God with all my heart because He was the one who pulled me through and provided me with special little things to perk me up and put a smile on my face.

It poured hard and heavy this morning on my way to school for my 9am paper.
As a result of the rain, coupled with the usual rush hour traffic, the bus was crawling its way through a throng of honking vehicles bumper to bumper.
As if having to sit in the stuffy non-aircon bus was bad enough,
I was having a humongous stomachache and felt like throwing up 15 minutes into the start of my long bus ride all the way to school.
I don't think I would have lasted that 2 hours in the bus (Yes, the jam was that bad) without God holding my hand and giving me the strength as well as making the pain easier to bear.
I was really worried that I might just puke on the person in front of me.
Heh.
My worries of being late were also uncalled for as i reached school with 10 minutes to spare and had time to make my detour to the washroom.

My worries weren't over just yet.
I was planning to do some last minute revision for today's exam paper but obviously I wasn't given the luxury of time.
So I had to go into the exam hall without that final brief glance through my readings.
Thankfully, the questions turned out a lot better than what I was expecting and despite my weariness and closing eyes, I managed to get through all 5 questions.

After the exam paper, it was just too far away to go to the engine canteen to grab some lunch so I just headed to the library to borrow my videos.
Thankfully, Michele bought me a yam bao to soothe my growling stomach.
More forms of nourishment came when Denise so kindly bought me lunch!
Yummy sandwiches and a packet of OJ from biz ad canteen.
And to top it all off, she even brought dessert!
A big tube of chocolate-coated strawberry gummies.
Thanks to the both of you who saved my stomach from devouring itself.
Of course besides the food, they brought along with them lots of laughter that was essential in perking up my ailing mood.

And so, that was my day.
Filled with God's goodness and grace.

How was your day?
(:

No comments: